The Yellowhammer State is home to hundreds of thousands of the worst “Christians” on the face of the earth.
Let’s look at some numbers from yesterday’s Alabama senatorial election.
- Republican Roy Moore received 650,436 votes. Democrat Doug Jones received 671,151.
- In last year’s presidential election, Donald Trump received 1,318,255 votes to Hillary Clinton’s 729,547.
- We expect higher turnouts in presidential years, and yesterday was no exception, with the total number of voters down about 35.2%.
- However, the declines weren’t remotely proportional by party. The Dem turnout decreased by only 8%, while the GOP turnout dropped by a whopping 50.66%. In absolute terms, this adds up to a +/- of 609,423 votes in the Democrats’ favor. Check my math, but I think that’s close.
- However, of the Republicans who did show up, 91% voted for Moore.