Stick to the plan
The stuff rolling across the transom this morning isn’t filling me with rainbows and unicorns.
- First off, as I wipe the sleep from my eyes I realize that the Virginia Tech tragedy wasn’t all just a horrible dream. I’m reminded of a similar crisis that hit my community eight years ago, and I grieve deeply for Blacksburg.
- Then Cenk Uygur asks: what if the Virginia Tech disaster had been 30 times worse? Yes, Larry Johnson, I think I’m starting to understand.
- Breaking News: Bombings in Baghdad kill 127 people, including 82 in an attack at a market, the Iraqi Interior Ministry says. That’s like four Virginia Techs right there. And what the hell is going on in Rio? Maybe Whythawk is onto something, after all. I mean, we Americans haven’t exactly been long on self-awareness of late. But at least we can count on the mainstream media for perspective and moral guidance…
- And by the way, anybody want to buy a house? Here in Denver, the foreclosure capital of America, I’m starting to wonder if I’ll ever be brave enough to buy a house again.
- Scandal Watch continues: Gonzo turfed some lawyers for investigating GOP corruption and now it looks like he might sell out Harriet Miers – but, but … Dubya knows her heart, right? The White House is going to investigate all those lost millions of e-mails – maybe they can get OJ to help during his breaks from hunting Nicole’s real killer. And hey, if you’re the WH, you have to love the re emergence of this name: Jack Abramoff.
- Richard Gere kissed Shilpa Shetty and Sanjaya just might win Idol!
Oh hell, now I’m just hunting for stuff to bitch about.
:xpost Lullaby Pit: