Zombie Apocalypse: Food & Drink Week shambles on with another Doc Sammy rum punch
Looking for something appropriate for your next Walking Dead watch party? Here’s a cocktail that will turn you into a zombie, too.
Hopefully you’re already planning on a pitcher of my South Shore Kauai Tais for the weekend. If you like tropical drinks, here’s another one for your recipe book: Doc Sammy’s Zombie Apocalypse.
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz passion fruit nectar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ oz grenadine
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 oz gold rum (again, I love Montego Bay, but won’t talk you out of whatever your favorite is)
- 1 oz 151 proof Demerara (El Dorado) rum
- 1 oz light rum (everybody loves Bacardi, I know, but I’d recommend something a little tastier, like Cruzan Light Aged, Mount Gay Eclipse or Flor de Caña 4 Year Extra Dry)
- ½ oz Creme de Cassis (yes, I do use this as an accent flavor quite a bit – why do you ask?)