Bush III: Obama’s deteriorating legacy
Way back in March of 2008, as the campaign was running in high gear, I made clear that while I wasn’t in love with the Democratic frontrunners, the emerging alternative was worse: John McCain represented the third Bush presidency.
I was undoubtedly right. But… You knew there was a “but” coming, didn’t you?
- Obama prepares for possible action against Syria
- Despite the fact that the evidence Syria has used chemical weapons is every bit as solid as was Dubya’s evidence that Saddam Hussein had WMDs.
- Let’s play word association. I’ll give you a word and you just shout out the first thing that pops into your mind. Ready? Snowden.
- How about another one: Drones.
- This is fun. Ready? Due process.
- Here’s a good one: Newspeak.
- Next one: Torture.
- Okay, last one: Security state.
Poppy. Dubya. And now Barack. I was right – the 2008 election gave us the third installment in the Bush Dynasty.
Perhaps we’ll get to see Colin Powell back in front of the UN again soon…